Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Holiday Journal Enrty for 9/11/06

We went to Tipperary today. No not the one of song fame ("It's a long way to Tipperary") but the Australian farm variety.
It was massive.
I don't just mean the size of the farm, but the whole thing.
There were mango trees, hundreds of the bastards, and not in orchards, but just beautifying the place.
It had a lake, wetlands, massive cattle sheds, it's own school, butcher and general store.
Massive.
Lush green lawns.
No photos because I was working but, Wow.
There ain't no drought up here.

Authors Note: This is one of the very huge grass hoppers that live in NT. It landed on the bumper of the car when we were stopped, and I thought, "That's friggin huge."

Oh, and the major animal farmed up here is cattle.
Now I don't know what you think, but one of my first impressions (besides that they were bloody skinny) was "They look like Jar Jar Binks!" (of Star Wars fame for the uninitiated) But less down right stupid.

Authors Note: This was the best shot I got of the cattle. He seemed to be telling me "Ok you can have a photo of me, but my arse needs to be in the shot to." It was very common for me to then refer to the cattle as "Jar Jar Binks looking mother fuckers."


Staying in a 10 by 6 box tonight. The light doesn't even work and the lamp has no globe. What do you expect for $25 a night. Would have liked my own loo. But the upside is that it has air conditioning, and in NT that alone is worth $25.

5 Comments:

At 10:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love those priorities. No light but air conditioning. On the upside as well, no light attracts no bugs.

 
At 9:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to the grasshopper??

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger Sloth said...

The grasshopper lives (to the best of my knowledge)
I wasn't in the room for anything other than sleeping, as we spent the night in the pub. (I bet on the dogs and drank.)

 
At 5:14 pm, Blogger JUST ME said...

you said "loo"


hahaha!


the stupid american thinks you're funny.

 
At 10:55 pm, Blogger Sloth said...

I also like bog and dunny as venacular for the toilet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home