Saturday, November 11, 2006

Out and About

I am sitting in a hotel in Kathrine, 300km south of Darwin. It was about 41degC outside today. Or for all you Farenhieght people FECKING HOT.
I have been keeping my written journal to copy and upload when I get back, why not do it now you ask.
Because I couldn't be arsed.
And thats the truth.
I'm absolutly knackered.
We have been working in about two sites a day. Not to bad you say. Well ok, it's not that bad, but they are about 100km apart, but only as the crow flies. By road they are more like 200 to 150km apart. On bituman, single lane (ie a road that only fits one car for both directions, that is whindy and you can travel it at about 100kmp/h if you want to. Yes my knuckles were white when I was driving it.) and dirt (that is corregated, so that, if you needed a massage before you went on it, about 5 min in you don't need the massage, but after 10 min you need a chiropractor to sort you out.) The car is a big cow of a 4WD, that has all the mobility of a elephant that has taken rohinol and falled into a quagmire of mud, i.e. none, and the stopping power of a naked drunk person who has just been pushed out of a moving car on to ice, i.e. none.
And then the sites are a concrete hut with no windows or air-conditioning. So, to make a massive understatment, they are bloody hot.
And I suppose the 10 odd burbons last night didn't help either. (Oh and I discovered I can drink stout, yey for me.)
But you will hear more about that later. I know, because it is in my journal.
Lots to say, lots to tell. But right not I just want to sleep.
Hopefully only one or two more day of this before I get to be in full holiday mode.
Now to bed.
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Comments:

At 8:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that sounds HOT!
be careful
keep drinking
stay cool
and smile

can't wait to hear all about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home