Thursday, November 02, 2006

Things You Learn

I haven't had a music review on here for a while, mainly because no computer at home. (Yes it is happening slower than a slow thing on a slow day)

But In the past two days I have discovered things I sort of knew before, but just came to the front of my mind.

One: Unlike most people who would find Barry White or Marvin Gaye sexy and romantic, I find Massive Attack hugely sexy. It has to do with the dark brooding mysterious nature of the music. It sort of makes me think of the whole "what could be" stuff, is a sexy way, weird but then who said I was close to "normal". I think I said to one friend "It's dark, moist and mysterious, just like sex should be." She laughed at me, who could blame her.
Needless to say I don't listen to them that much. You don't need sexy in your life with no-one to be sexy with.

Two: Placebo depresses me. Ok so today I am in a depresses state of mind, due to being able to think too much (stupid brian), but still, with Placebo coming out of the speakers I know my mood will not change. Why have it on then you ask. Well, because I want to wallow. Haven't been close to this far down in a while and though, not huge on the scale of things, I need this so I know what happy is when it happens. I am a firm believer in that you must know pain to know pleasure, otherwise what do you have to compare it to.
Sing in that sad pathetic voice Placebo, and make me think of my own sadness so that I can know how low I can go, so that I can know the hights too.

So with no sexy and sadness this looks to be a good day.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what would we do without our brains :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home