Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Holiday Journal Entry for 6/11/06

Well day one and I already have a few stories.

The plane left at 2:30pm and 3 and 1/2 hours later, after smelling BO, farts and baby odurs (both ends of the baby provided smells) I walked from the plane hoping for some beautiful fresh air.
What I found was that I was struggling for breath.
How is it that humid air can make it so hard to breath?
But it was the heat and the humidity combined that was opressive, and I don't think I have stopped sweating since.

I did have a good conversation about the size of the counrty of mine.
3 and 1/2 hours from the south to the north. And about 5 and 1/2 hours from east to west.
This is a big country.

Tonight we went to the Darwin Sailing Club for tea.
Magnificient, on the sea, sun set, clouds. Beautiful.
Plenty of photos.

Work starts tomorrow. We shall see what that brings, shant we.

As you can see the photos did turn out.



1 Comments:

At 9:59 am, Blogger Tallgirl said...

Nice photos! Seems like you got a bit hot up there. I do love the heat but I have to say I didn't like the sound of that concrete bunker stuff much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home