Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Holiday Journal Enrty for 7/11/06

Firsts Today.
1: Sweating my fucking arse off in a 5m by 5m concrete bunker with no windows and a tin roof.
I think FUCK is the only correct adjective to use about the heat and humidity.

Authors Note: This is a photo from near one of the sites we were working at Mandorah. Nice huh.

2: Buffalo meat.
I had a buffalo burger, which was the second animal today added to my "Animals I've Eaten" list.
Camel was the other. The buffalo burger was great. The camel Jerkey was ordinary. (Authors Note: I do usually like jerky) But two more animals on the list.

3: Light Beer. (Authors Note: For international readers Light Beer in Aus means Low Alcohol)
My first experiance of it. And I am converted (Sadly) Being a "Cadburies" (Authors Note: Glass and a half) I cannot drink much beer and not feel crap. (Authors Note: Burbon is my drink.)

Authors Note: We found a frog on one of the chairs where we were staying. I pestered it with my camera and got some good photos. This one is especially nice because of the Dead Kennedys shirt and the rest of the cabins in the back ground. How the fuck did he stay clinging to the chair is also a fair question to ask.

4: Running over Cain Toads.

Ok now, I am not blood thirsty. Yes I like to eat meat, but killing for killings sake is not for me.

With Cain Toads I make the exeption to prove the rule.

Nasty vermin beasts.

Due to the Alcamahole, I laughed very hard when, upon trying to run a cain toad over, a very large "pop" was heard.

Yep definatly got him.

And add two more to my resume as well.

Thats all for now, tired.

Authors Note: A Cain Toad before the wheels hit.

4 Comments:

At 10:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when Mr Froggie from the chair did jump, was he a good jumper?

 
At 10:50 am, Blogger Sloth said...

We went to tea and he was gone when we came back.
No jumping did we see.

 
At 10:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met one of those frogs in my toilet bowl in the Kimberley once. I left the lid up and the left the cubicle. Suddenly lost the urge.

 
At 3:40 pm, Blogger Sloth said...

Frogs or toads.
I can understand the reluctance to pee on both, but to loose the urge, are you afraid of frogs Meva?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home