Monday, January 15, 2007

In This Cape I Stand, Wind Blowing.

Greetings People Of Earth,

I come today to bring you a message of Hope. Hope and Joy. Hope, Joy and maybe Salvation.
Hope, Joy, Salvation and a Box of Crackers.

You see upon this very day many years ago, years before I was even born, I managed to overcome the greatest opponent that ever a man had to face.

The opponent was myself.

You see I had this problem called Pride. I had Pride in many things, among them was Pride in my coat of fur. I had a wonderful glossy coat of fur that shone in the sun, And I was Envious of it. My Envy welled up inside till I could take my Pride no more and I fought myself.

The fight lasted many a day.
The nights were used for rest. Even in a state of hatred I still needed my rest.

The days were hard fought. Blood was spilled. I took the first cut. Mine was the first blood to hit the ground, but I was the last one standing as mine was also the last blood to fall.

First to bleed, last standing. Pride and Envy, Lust and Morals, Sloth and Gluttony.
These battles are always hard fought and never have a winner.

Only pain comes of them.

So I bleed and let you know that I have conquered my Pride, and Envy has been defeated.
Sloth and Gluttony were both to lazy to show up and were there for ruled out by the judges on a count out.
Lust and morals both ended up in the gutter and the quicksand down there swallowed up them both never to be found again.

And so I sit here the winner of many battles with my spoils.
This shell I call a body.
Ready for something to come and inhabit me and bring me the things that make life.

If I can best all of my sins what will be left but my own self full of arrogance for my greatness.
Greatness undeserved for I have just set myself apart from humanity.
Humanity that disappoints all who live in it.
Right now I don't need disappointment.
So please be gentle.


My soul weeps tears of false joy.

2 Comments:

At 7:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take it slow

breath, slowly and deeply
close your eyes
exhale

 
At 7:46 am, Blogger meva said...

Did you shave your beard?

Seriously, that's some post! Beating inner demons can be tough, and takes it out of you. I don't bother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home