Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Silly Conversation.

I went to the doctor yesterday.
My normal doctor had retired since I had been there last so I had to see a new doctor.
No biggie, i'm sick not looking for a date.
After 15 min in the waiting room, 5 min in the doctors office I had the highlight of the visit.

Receptionist: "Is you telephone number still ......?"
Me: "Yes."
Receptionist: "And is your address still .......?"
Me: "Yes."
Receptionist: "Oh and it says here that you normally see Dr .....? You must not come here very often?"

My reply I think is pure gold.

Me: "Only when I'm sick."

What else did she expect me to say.
That was the end of the conversation, I think she realised how silly the statment was.
Do you come here often? It's a doctors office, not a fricken pub.

After that I left with a smile on my face. Silliness always makes me smile.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well if the doctor didn't make you better, i'm glad you left with a smile - that's something

last time i went to the doctor he said he had no idea what was wrong with me and sent me on my way - what a waste of money!

i didn't even get a jelly bean :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home