Saturday, July 29, 2006

Review: AC/DC Live

So I listened to AC/DC Live again, and I must say I was looking forward to it. Like every Australian rocker there is something about AC/DC that is in your blood and soul. They just pump out good music, great played loud. (I agree with the motto "If it's to loud, your too old!")

I only own the one AC/DC album but it is a corker and all I need to own. Hits are all I need from AC/DC. I did own a tape of "The Razors Edge". My first real AC/DC moments, so the songs like "Thunderstruck" and "Moneytalks" are my first AC/DC songs of choise.
They helped inspire me start to loving rock.

I had it playing in the car as I gave some friends a lift, and after cranking up the volume to levels usually reserved for when I am in the car alone(it had to be done), I heard the comment "Can I grab a copy of this?" from the back seat, soon to be backed up by the front seat.

Very rock.

Now the bad. AC/DC in general have a sound, they play that sound very, very well. However over two hours of it can be a bit monotonous, and I love a good gituar solo, but hearing Angus Young play call and responce with the croud for 14min is a bit much,(especially when the croud can only muster of key yell.)
But this is AC/DC and 14min gituar solos are to be expected so I was not going in blind.

As with most live recordings I have only one real complaint. It is not the sound quality, for it is excellent on this recording. I complain about the lack on concert continuity. I would love to hear an AC/DC concert from start to finish, most of the recordings sound either from the start or end of a show. A bit much maybe, but heaps of energy from crowd and band.

On the whole a good album.

7/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home